We’ll be trying a new Monday-Friday feature on BB this
season to keep you abreast of the latest developments around the National
Here’s a look at what’s making headlines today:
- The Montreal Canadiens signed Chris Campoli to a
one-year, $1.75 million deal. Campoli was
thought to be an option for the Rangers, who have been searching for a
veteran defenseman, but though the Rangers had
discussions regarding Campoli this weekend they chose not to sign him. Perhaps Campoli was too expensive, or perhaps
the Rangers were encouraged by the latest reports regarding Marc Staal, who may
join the team in Europe on Thursday or Friday. The Blueshirts have
maintained contact with Paul Mara’s agent, Matt Keator, and depending on
how Staal and Mike Sauer progress, they
may pursue Mara more intensely. Montreal’s signing of Campoli may suggest
that Andrei Markov is once again having health issues.
- Elliotte Friedman’s always terrific column, “30
- The New Jersey Devils will retire
Scott Niedermayer's No. 27 on December 16th.
- Florida Panthers goalie Scott Clemmensen underwent knee surgery and will be out for about a month. So
the Panthers won’t have much of a safety net for Jose Theodore to start the
- The Buffalo Sabres sent
Ales Kotalik and Shaone Morrisonn to the AHL and are now under the salary
- Sidney Crosby is getting closer and closer to participating in a contact
- Calgary sent top prospects Sven Baertschi and Max Reinhart back
to the WHL.
- Brendan Shanahan’s suspension spree continues. James Wisniewski got eight regular season games
this hit and Brad Staubitz got three for
this one. Both were also suspended
for the remainder of the preseason.
- Carolina Hurricane Zac Dalpe is becoming a popular fantasy
hockey sleeper and for good reason; he might end
up playing on a line with Eric Staal.
- The Minnesota Wild signed Aaron Boogaard, Derek’s brother, to a two-way contract.
- Former Ranger Dane Byers was placed on waivers by the Columbus Blue Jackets today, he's likely bound for Springfield of the AHL.
Past editions of the Bulletin Board:
- 2011 First-Round Draft Picks Shine In Preseason Action >
- Jody Shelley Delivers First Controversial Hit of 2011 Season >
- Shanahan Impresses As New NHL Disciplinarian >
– Sidney Crosby Participates In “Controlled Scrimmage” >
9/27/11 – Montreal Signs Chris Campoli >
here for our full Summer 2011 Archive >
Follow us on Twitter (@NYRBlueBulletin and @kevinbaumer) and on Facebook.