The Bulletin Board keeps you abreast of the latest news
around the NHL Monday-Friday.
- Vinny Prospal scored his second goal in three games for the
Columbus Blue Jackets, who fell to the Vancouver Canucks 3-2. Columbus is now the only 0-3-0 team in hockey.
- Washington and Tampa Bay played a playoff-like game last
night that ended up in a wild 6-5 shootout win for the Capitals. None of the big guns – Stamkos, St. Louis,
Lecavalier, Ovechkin, Semin or Backstrom – scored in the affair, but the
supporting guys made plenty of plays themselves. Tomas Vokoun had an awful night in goal for
Washington and called the game his worst “in
five years.” It looks like a goalie controversy could
quickly arise for the Caps.
- Former Capitals’ goalie Semyon Varlamov helped the Avalanche
the Boston Bruins 1-0.
- Zach Parise scored two goals to help the Devils beat the
Carolina Hurricanes 4-2.
- The New York Islanders picked up their first win of the
year, a 2-1 victory over the Minnesota Wild. At the suggestion of new Captain Mark Streit, the Isles all stayed on the ice for the “Three Stars of the Game” announcement and
congratulated their teammates. Smart
team-building move by New York; expect this to be picked up around the league.
- Sidney Crosby could be
cleared for contact today.
- The Boston Bruins signed Rich Peverley to a
three-year contract extension.
- Tampa Bay defenseman Matthias Ohlund had both of his knees
scoped this morning and is out four-to-six
- The Florida Panthers signed 2011 third-overall pick Jonathan
an entry-level deal. Huberdeau has
already been sent back to the QMJHL and is not eligible to play with the
Panthers this season.
- Craig Rivet was the captain of the Buffalo Sabres a year
he’s in the ECHL.
- Learn about the four basic power play setups over at
Blue Seat Blogs.
Past editions of the Bulletin Board:
- 2011 First-Round Draft Picks Shine In Preseason Action >
- Jody Shelley Delivers First Controversial Hit of 2011 Season >
- Shanahan Impresses As New NHL Disciplinarian >
– Sidney Crosby Participates In “Controlled Scrimmage” >
– Montreal Signs Chris Campoli >
– Top 2011 Draft Picks Shine In Preseason Action >
– Sestito Suspended Four Games For Hit On Deveaux >
– Kings Lock Doughty Up With Huge Deal >
– Former Rangers’ Prospects Grachev And Horak Make NHL Clubs >
– Steve Valiquette Is The New Goalie Coach At Quinnipiac University >
– Waiving Of Avery Could Wreak Havoc On The Stars’ Salary Cap Situation >
– Hockey Is Back >
– Jagr Picks Up Point #1,600 In Flyers’ Season-Opening Victory >
– Early Goalie Controversy In Washington? >
10/11/11 Prospal Scores Again For Columbus >
here for our full 2011-2012 Season Archive >
Follow us on Twitter (@NYRBlueBulletin and @kevinbaumer) and on Facebook.