- Dan Girardi has played an average of 29:37 in three games
this season, the most in the
National Hockey League. Ryan
McDonagh is 15th in the league with an average of 25:21 per game.
- New York currently leads the NHL in penalty minutes per game
with 20.67. New York also has been shorthanded more often
than any other team in the league, with opponents averaging over six power plays per game against the Rangers.
- The Blueshirts have taken three boarding calls, the most
in the league.
- The Rangers are one of three teams that have
yet to record a power play goal. The
others are Anaheim and Winnipeg.
- Dating back to last postseason the Rangers are zero for
their last 16 on the power play and one for their last 35.
- The Rangers are also one of three teams that have yet to win a game. Winnipeg and Columbus are the others.
- A year after finishing 25th in the NHL in faceoff percentage,
the Rangers lead
the league with a win percentage of 57.3% to start the year. Brad Richards has gone 24-6
on draws to lead the way. Four other
Blueshirts that have taken at least 12 draws have won over 51% of their faceoff
- Michael Del Zotto leads
the Rangers with a plus-3 rating, no other skater is better than a plus-1.
- New York is tied for dead last in the league with an average
of just 1.67 goals per game.
- The Blueshirts have averaged
24 shots per game, which ranks 29th in the league.
- 20 of the 30 NHL teams have already participated
in a shootout this year.
Up For Twitter And Follow These People! >
Conference Preview > (10/3/11)
Conference Preview > (10/4/11)
Predict Where The Rangers Will Finish > (10/5/11)
Rangers Season Preview > (10/5/11)
Claim Jeff Woywitka Off Waivers > (10/6/11)
King” Vs. The Kings In Season-Opener > (10/7/11)
Doom Rangers In OT Loss To Kings > (10/7/11)
Duck Anaheim, Rangers Must Stay Out Of The Box > (10/7/11)
Offense, But Rangers Pick Up Another Point > (10/8/11)
Erixon Will Stick Around For The Time Being > (10/9/11)
Learned: Two Games In The Books > (10/10/11)
To Move Stepan To First-Line Left Wing > (10/10/11)
Show Early Improvement With Faceoffs > (10/11/11)
Vinny > (10/13/11)
Must Find A Way With Patchwork Defense > (10/14/11)
Top Line Shows Promise, But Rangers Have No Answer For John Tavares > (10/15/11)
Stats To Chew On > (10/17/11)
here for our full 2011-2012 Season Archive >
Follow us on Twitter (@NYRBlueBulletin and @kevinbaumer) and on Facebook.