The Bulletin Board keeps you abreast of the latest news
around the NHL Monday-Friday.
- The Philadelphia Flyers picked up three power play goals in
last night’s 7-2 victory over the Ottawa Senators. Philly has scored at least two power play
goals in three straight games, something
the Flyers didn’t do all of last season.
- Unheralded Flyers’ rookie Matt Read racked up four points
during the rout and 2011 first-round pick Sean Couturier also scored his first
NHL goal for the Flyers.
- The Boston Bruins fell apart during last night’s 4-1 loss to
the Carolina Hurricanes. Boston racked up 82
penalty minutes and Coach Claude Julien was ejected in the
- Buffalo picked up its fourth win of the season, a 3-1
victory over the Montreal Canadiens. Buffalo has allowed more than two goals just once in five
games this season.
- Check out this ridiculous
goal scored by Dallas forward Jamie Benn in last night’s 3-2 win over the
Columbus Blue Jackets. Columbus fell to 0-5-1 and has just one
regulation win in its last 28 games.
- Columbus plans to sit Jeff Carter out for the next
seven-to-ten days with a fractured foot and reevaluate
him next week.
- Ryan Whitney returned
to the lineup for the Edmonton Oilers.
- Pittsburgh defenseman Kris Letang was suspended
for two games for boarding Alex Burmistrov.
- Calgary hasn’t put wing Rene Bourque on the trade block, but
the Flames are fielding
- The Rangers have taken several American-born players in the
draft in recent years, so this list of five potential 2012 first-rounders is worth checking out.
- It sounds like Eric Lindros will skate for the Philadelphia
the 2012 Winter Classic alumni game.
Past editions of the Bulletin Board:
- 2011 First-Round Draft Picks Shine In Preseason Action >
- Jody Shelley Delivers First Controversial Hit of 2011 Season >
- Shanahan Impresses As New NHL Disciplinarian >
– Sidney Crosby Participates In “Controlled Scrimmage” >
– Montreal Signs Chris Campoli >
– Top 2011 Draft Picks Shine In Preseason Action >
– Sestito Suspended Four Games For Hit On Deveaux >
– Kings Lock Doughty Up With Huge Deal >
– Former Rangers’ Prospects Grachev And Horak Make NHL Clubs >
– Steve Valiquette Is The New Goalie Coach At Quinnipiac University >
– Waiving Of Avery Could Wreak Havoc On The Stars’ Salary Cap Situation >
– Hockey Is Back >
– Jagr Picks Up Point #1,600 In Flyers’ Season-Opening Victory >
– Early Goalie Controversy In Washington? >
Prospal Scores Again For Columbus >
– Pittsburgh Rolling Without Crosby And Malkin >
– Sidney Crosby Cleared For Contact >
– Aaron Asham Is The Talk Of The League >
– Mark Messier Will Run The New York City Marathon >
– Colorado Wins Fifth-Straight Road Game, Leads Western Conference >
10/19/11 – New-look Flyers Off To Fast
here for our full 2011-2012 Season Archive >
Follow us on Twitter (@NYRBlueBulletin and @kevinbaumer) and on Facebook.