The Bulletin Board keeps you abreast of the latest news
around the NHL Monday-Friday.
- Jaromir Jagr scored his first
two goals of the season last night in the Philadelphia Flyers’ 4-2 win over
Toronto. It was Jagr’s 114th career
- Chris Pronger exited the game when Mikhail
Grabovski’s stick hit Pronger near his eye. Pronger was rushed off the ice and although there’s not believed to be
any serious damage, he’ll sit out for the next two weeks at least.
- Danny Briere picked up his
600th NHL point in the game, an assist on a Scott Hartnell goal.
- Florida may
soon have a goalie controversy on its hands. Scott Clemmensen was originally set to be
Jose Theodore’s backup, but Clemmensen hit injured reserve before the
season. Top prospect Jacob Markstrom has
been filling in as Theodore’s backup and has recently seen some action,
including a 40-save performance last night. The popular thinking was that the Panthers would be patient with
Markstrom and ease him into the starting job down the road, but Clemmensen and
Theodore are hardly stars and if Markstrom looks this good right now, why not
keep playing him?
- The 0-7-1 Columbus Blue Jackets will
finally get defenseman James Wisniewski back tonight. Wisniewski had been serving an eight-game
suspension for an illegal hit on Cal Clutterbuck during the preseason.
- Montreal defenseman Andrei Markov could return
by the end of the week. Markov has
hardly played in recent years due to injuries, but the Canadiens desperately
need him. They’re 1-5-2 and in last
place in the Eastern Conference.
- The New Jersey Devils are decimated at center, so Zach
Parise will be in the middle for the time being in between Ilya Kovalchuk
and Nick Palmieri.
- It sounds like the Flyers will
not send 2011 first-round pick Sean Couturier back to juniors.
- The 2012 NHL Draft will
be held in Pittsburgh on June 22.
- There are nine games on the schedule
tonight, highlighted by Tampa Bay @ Buffalo at 7:30 p.m. on Versus. Also, Pittsburgh will visit the New York
Islanders in what could be an extremely violent affair – the two teams racked
up hundreds of penalty minutes last spring.
Past editions of the Bulletin Board:
- 2011 First-Round Draft Picks Shine In Preseason Action >
- Jody Shelley Delivers First Controversial Hit of 2011 Season >
- Shanahan Impresses As New NHL Disciplinarian >
– Sidney Crosby Participates In “Controlled Scrimmage” >
– Montreal Signs Chris Campoli >
– Top 2011 Draft Picks Shine In Preseason Action >
– Sestito Suspended Four Games For Hit On Deveaux >
– Kings Lock Doughty Up With Huge Deal >
– Former Rangers’ Prospects Grachev And Horak Make NHL Clubs >
– Steve Valiquette Is The New Goalie Coach At Quinnipiac University >
– Waiving Of Avery Could Wreak Havoc On The Stars’ Salary Cap Situation >
– Hockey Is Back >
– Jagr Picks Up Point #1,600 In Flyers’ Season-Opening Victory >
– Early Goalie Controversy In Washington? >
Prospal Scores Again For Columbus >
– Pittsburgh Rolling Without Crosby And Malkin >
– Sidney Crosby Cleared For Contact >
– Aaron Asham Is The Talk Of The League >
– Mark Messier Will Run The New York City Marathon >
– Colorado Wins Fifth-Straight Road Game, Leads Western Conference >
– New-look Flyers Off To Fast Start >
- Kessel Carrying The Leafs >
- Dale Weise Scores First NHL Goal >
– Vancouver Acquires David Booth >
10/25/11 - Jagr Scores First Two Goals Of The Season >
here for our full 2011-2012 Season Archive >
Follow us on Twitter (@NYRBlueBulletin and @kevinbaumer) and on Facebook.