The Bulletin Board keeps you abreast of the latest news
around the NHL Monday-Friday.
- Defenseman James
Wisniewski returned to the lineup for Columbus last night and the
Blue Jackets immediately won their first game of the season. Is Wisniewski the answer to all of Columbus’s
problems? Probably not, but the Blue
Jackets invested a ton of money in him this summer so let’s see how they fare
with him back on the ice.
- Vancouver goalie Roberto Luongo gave
up three goals in four shots in the second period of last night’s game
against Edmonton and was promptly yanked by Coach Alain Vigneault in favor of
Cory Schneider. Luongo is no stranger to
controversy, but he’s been horrible to start the season and the Canucks may
have to seriously consider parking his fat contract on the bench.
- Edmonton went on to beat Vancouver 3-2 and currently sits
inside the Western Conference playoff picture while the Canucks are on the
outside looking in.
- New Jersey beat Los Angeles 3-0 last night to end the Kings’
incredible 221:22 shutout streak. Jonathan Quick wasn’t in goal for L.A., so his 188:10 shutout streak is
- Phoenix captain Shane Doan scored
his 300th career goal in last night’s shootout loss to the Dallas Stars.
- Pittsburgh won its fourth-straight game as Marc-Andre Fleury
shutout the New York Islanders. Evgeni
to the lineup for Pittsburgh. Will
Sidney Crosby soon follow?
- Check out this spin-o-rama
pass by Patrick Kane to Marian Hossa for a pretty goal last night.
- Tim Connolly will
make his season debut for Toronto on Thursday when the Maple Leafs visit
the Rangers. Connolly was Toronto’s
consolation prize for missing out on Brad Richards, but his health has already
been an issue.
- Islanders’ goalie Rick DiPietro has been cleared
to return to action, for now.
- The Tampa Bay Lightning won’t send 2010 first-round
pick Brett Connolly back to juniors.
- Edmonton defenseman Ryan Whitney will miss
one-to-two weeks with a sprained knee.
- Boston defenseman Zdeno Chara dressed
up as a bunny for Halloween.
- There are three games on the schedule
tonight, highlighted by St. Louis @ Vancouver at 10:00 p.m.
Past editions of the Bulletin Board:
- 2011 First-Round Draft Picks Shine In Preseason Action >
- Jody Shelley Delivers First Controversial Hit of 2011 Season >
- Shanahan Impresses As New NHL Disciplinarian >
– Sidney Crosby Participates In “Controlled Scrimmage” >
– Montreal Signs Chris Campoli >
– Top 2011 Draft Picks Shine In Preseason Action >
– Sestito Suspended Four Games For Hit On Deveaux >
– Kings Lock Doughty Up With Huge Deal >
– Former Rangers’ Prospects Grachev And Horak Make NHL Clubs >
– Steve Valiquette Is The New Goalie Coach At Quinnipiac University >
– Waiving Of Avery Could Wreak Havoc On The Stars’ Salary Cap Situation >
– Hockey Is Back >
– Jagr Picks Up Point #1,600 In Flyers’ Season-Opening Victory >
– Early Goalie Controversy In Washington? >
Prospal Scores Again For Columbus >
– Pittsburgh Rolling Without Crosby And Malkin >
– Sidney Crosby Cleared For Contact >
– Aaron Asham Is The Talk Of The League >
– Mark Messier Will Run The New York City Marathon >
– Colorado Wins Fifth-Straight Road Game, Leads Western Conference >
– New-look Flyers Off To Fast Start >
- Kessel Carrying The Leafs >
- Dale Weise Scores First NHL Goal >
– Vancouver Acquires David Booth >
- Jagr Scores First Two Goals Of The Season >
10/26/11 - Columbus Finally Wins >
here for our full 2011-2012 Season Archive >
Follow us on Twitter (@NYRBlueBulletin and @kevinbaumer) and on Facebook.