- It would be folly to call tonight’s game against San Jose a
must-win, but it’s true that only
one team outside the top-eight on November 1st has made the playoffs in the
last two seasons. New York currently
has nine points, three behind the eighth-place Tampa Bay Lightning. Of course, the Blueshirts have also played
fewer games than any team in the league and endured a whirlwind road trip to
open the season.
- Only Columbus has fewer wins than the Rangers.
- The Blueshirts are the only team in the league without a
home win. Only two teams have fewer than
two home wins.
- Only the New York Islanders have scored fewer goals than the
- Former Rangers that have more points than anyone on this
year’s squad: Jaromir Jagr (11), Vinny Prospal (10), Pascal Dupuis (9), Nik
Antropov (9), P.A. Parenteau (9).
- Notable NY Rangers without a goal this season: Artem
Anisimov, Brandon Dubinsky, Wojtek Wolski, Derek Stepan, Erik Christensen.
- Only Buffalo, Edmonton, San Jose and Los Angeles have
allowed fewer goals than the Rangers.
- After going 9-3 in the shootout last season, the Blueshirts
are 0-2 this year. New York wouldn’t
have made the playoffs without the nine extra points picked up in the skills
competition a year ago.
- The Rangers rank 24th in offense, 20th on the power play,
eighth in team defense and seventh on the penalty kill.
- Marian Gaborik is on pace to score 46 goals. He had 22 a year ago.
- As he has since the beginning of the year, Michael Del Zotto still leads the Rangers in plus/minus with a plus-5 rating. Steve Eminger is a team-worst minus-7.
- Brandon Dubinsky has 41 penalty minutes this season, fourth
in the league.
- Dan Girardi has fallen to second in the
NHL in average ice-time with 28:12 per game. James Wisniewski took the top spot after
returning from suspension, but he’s only played three games for Columbus. Ryan McDonagh ranks 13th in the league with
25:12 of average ice-time.
- Ryan Callahan has 37 shots on goal this season, which puts him
in the NHL’s top-12.
- New York still hasn’t outshot an opponent in a game this
season. The Blueshirts rank
29th in shots per game with 23.8 and have yielded the most shots on game with
an average of 33.1.
- The Rangers have scored only four first period goals, the fewest
in the league, and four second period goals, the
second-fewest in the league.
- New York has cut back on penalties, but still leads the
league with an
average of 18.67 penalty minutes per game.
Conference Preview > (10/3/11)
Conference Preview > (10/4/11)
Predict Where The Rangers Will Finish > (10/5/11)
Rangers Season Preview > (10/5/11)
Claim Jeff Woywitka Off Waivers > (10/6/11)
King” Vs. The Kings In Season-Opener > (10/7/11)
Doom Rangers In OT Loss To Kings > (10/7/11)
Duck Anaheim, Rangers Must Stay Out Of The Box > (10/7/11)
Offense, But Rangers Pick Up Another Point > (10/8/11)
Erixon Will Stick Around For The Time Being > (10/9/11)
Learned: Two Games In The Books > (10/10/11)
To Move Stepan To First-Line Left Wing > (10/10/11)
Show Early Improvement With Faceoffs > (10/11/11)
Vinny > (10/13/11)
Must Find A Way With Patchwork Defense > (10/14/11)
Top Line Shows Promise, But Rangers Have No Answer For John Tavares > (10/15/11)
To Chew On > (10/17/11)
Future On Broadway In Doubt > (10/17/11)
Must Slow The Sedins, Score Some Goals > (10/18/11)
Lundqvist Beats The Canucks, With A Little Help In The Third Period > (10/19/11)
Is Not Well In Ranger-land > (10/19/11)
Slow Start Might Not Cut It Against Calgary > (10/19/11)
Scores Winner With Just Over 1 Second Remaining In OT >(10/20/11)
Path To New York Is Clearing Quickly For Carl Hagelin And Ryan Bourque > (10/21/11)
Seek Third Win In A Row Against Renney’s Crew > (10/22/11)
Averted As Rangers Are Shutout By Edmonton > (10/23/11)
Road Trip Concludes In Winnipeg On Monday > (10/24/11)
To Chew On > (10/24/11)
Parts Of The Recipe Change And New York Wins > (10/24/11)
Learned: Seven Games In The Books > (10/26/11)
Cookin’ At Last > (10/27/11)
Great Goaltending, New York Had No Chance > (10/27/11)
Minutes > (10/28/11)
Blow Three-Goal Lead And Lose In Shootout > (10/29/11)
Rangers To Recall Sean Avery > (10/30/11)
For Offense > (10/31/11)
Stats To Chew On > (10/31/11)
here for our full 2011-2012 Season Archive >
Follow us on Twitter (@NYRBlueBulletin and @kevinbaumer) and on Facebook.