- New York’s 4-1-1 home record to open the season is the
team’s best since
1992-1993 when the Rangers went 5-0-1 in their first six home games.
- The Rangers didn’t win their fourth home game last year
until November 14th, in their 10th tilt at Madison Square Garden.
- Through 13 games a year ago New York had scored 38 goals and
allowed 36. The Rangers’ record was
7-5-1. This year the Rangers have
yielded just 29 goals and scored 35 times and their record stands at 7-3-3.
- Combined record of New York’s opponents thus far: 69-59-20.
- Combined record of New York’s next five opponents: 27-32-11.
- New York currently ranks fourth in goals against, 16th in
goals scored, 25th on the power play and sixth on the penalty kill.
- Since starting the season 0-16 on the man advantage, New
York has gone 8-43. The Blueshirts have
scored just twice in their last 22 power play chances, though.
- The Rangers didn’t outshoot an opponent until their 10th
game of the season, but have now done so in three of their last four games.
- Brandon Dubinsky has not scored in 13 games this
season. Brian Boyle has scored just once
in his last 28 games and twice in his last 37 contests.
- Ryan McDonagh has three goals in 13 games after
scoring once in 40 efforts as a rookie.
- Marian Gaborik is on pace to score
44 goals and 38 assists after posting 22 goals and 26 assists a year
ago. Gaborik has put 57 shots on net,
in the league.
- Ryan Callahan has five goals in his last seven games.
- Michael Del Zotto and Ryan McDonagh are tied for the team
lead in plus/minus. Each is a
plus-6. Steve Eminger is a team-worst
- Backup goalie Marty Biron has allowed just three goals in
nearly 190 minutes of action after missing the entire second-half of the
2010-2011 campaign with a broken collarbone.
To qualify for the goals against average crown, a goalie must be on pace
to start 27 games. It’s unlikely Biron
will meet the criteria, but he currently sits
at the top of the NHL leaderboard.
- After leading the league in blocked shots a year ago, Dan
Girardi sits 11th in the NHL with
34 blocks thus far.
- Girardi leads all NHLers in average ice-time with 27:59 per
- Brad Richards ranks fifth in average ice-time among forwards
22:00 per game.
- The Blueshirts rank eighth
in the league in faceoff percentage at 51.5%.
- The Rangers have been much more disciplined lately and are
in the league in penalty minutes per game.
- Through 199 games this season there have
been 30 tying goals scored in the final five minutes of games. Last season there were 14 tying goals at the
199 game mark.
here for our full 2011-2012 Season Archive >
Follow us on Twitter (@NYRBlueBulletin and @kevinbaumer) and on Facebook.