The Bulletin Board keeps you abreast of the latest news
around the NHL Monday-Friday.
- Ken Hitchcock led the St. Louis Blues to a 3-0 victory over Chicago in his return to the NHL last night. Hitchcock gave
the start in net to struggling goalie Jaroslav Halak, who promptly posted a
- Raise your hand if you thought the Dallas Stars would be the
best team in hockey nearly 15 games into the season. Dallas coasted by Washington 5-2 and is now
11-3-0. Jamie Benn had another three-point
night, has eight points in his last three games and points in nine of his last
10 games. After scoring four goals in 82 games with the Minnesota Wild last
season, Eric Nystrom was claimed off waivers by the Dallas Stars. He’s got four
goals in nine games in the Lone Star State.
- Washington’s Mike Knuble was not pleased with the loss and said
the Capitals played like a “bunch
- Johan Franzen’s hat trick propelled Detroit by Colorado
5-2. 41-year-old Nicklas Lidstrom scored
his sixth goal of the season, which leads
all NHL defensemen.
- Struggling star Buffalo goalie Ryan Miller picked up a win
last night, but he gave up five goals as the Sabres outlasted Winnipeg 6-5 in
overtime. Bryan Little, Thomas Vanek and
Derek Roy had two goals in the contest.
- Rookie Adam Henrique scored an
overtime-winner for the New Jersey Devils over Carolina. Henrique looks like the real deal.
- Minnesota won its fifth game in a row, a 3-0 shutout of the
- Los Angeles ended its five-game losing streak with a 4-3 win
- Philadelphia signed defenseman Braydon Coburn to a
four-year, $18 million contract extension today.
- Ales Hemsky returned
to Edmonton’s lineup last night. But
for how long?
- Defenseman Chris Pronger could
return to the Flyers tonight after sitting out with an eye injury.
- Pittsburgh traded center Mark
Letestu to Columbus for a fourth-round pick. Letestu probably won’t be enough to fix the
Blue Jackets, but the team is also planning
to institute the trap.
- There are two other games on the schedule tonight beside
New York @ Ottawa. In commercial breaks
you can flip over to Philadelphia @ Tampa Bay at 7:30 p.m. on Versus.
Past editions of the Bulletin Board:
- 2011 First-Round Draft Picks Shine In Preseason Action >
- Jody Shelley Delivers First Controversial Hit of 2011 Season >
- Shanahan Impresses As New NHL Disciplinarian >
– Sidney Crosby Participates In “Controlled Scrimmage” >
– Montreal Signs Chris Campoli >
– Top 2011 Draft Picks Shine In Preseason Action >
– Sestito Suspended Four Games For Hit On Deveaux >
– Kings Lock Doughty Up With Huge Deal >
– Former Rangers’ Prospects Grachev And Horak Make NHL Clubs >
– Steve Valiquette Is The New Goalie Coach At Quinnipiac University >
– Waiving Of Avery Could Wreak Havoc On The Stars’ Salary Cap Situation >
– Hockey Is Back >
– Jagr Picks Up Point #1,600 In Flyers’ Season-Opening Victory >
– Early Goalie Controversy In Washington? >
Prospal Scores Again For Columbus >
– Pittsburgh Rolling Without Crosby And Malkin >
– Sidney Crosby Cleared For Contact >
– Aaron Asham Is The Talk Of The League >
– Mark Messier Will Run The New York City Marathon >
– Colorado Wins Fifth-Straight Road Game, Leads Western Conference >
– New-look Flyers Off To Fast Start >
- Kessel Carrying The Leafs >
- Dale Weise Scores First NHL Goal >
– Vancouver Acquires David Booth >
- Jagr Scores First Two Goals Of The Season >
- Columbus Finally Wins >
– Montreal Fires Former Rangers’ Assistant Coach Perry Pearn >
– Philadelphia And Winnipeg Combine For 17 Goals!? >
- Edmonton And Ottawa Riding Surprising Hot Streaks >
– Chicago’s Stanley Cup Hangover Is In The Past >
- Ovechkin Benched >
– Brodeur Now Tied For Most Losses In NHL History >
- Predators Lock Up Pekka Rinne >
– Blues Fire Payne, Bring In Hitchcock >
– Boston Is Back >
11/9/11 – Blues Cruise In Hitchcock’s Return >
here for our full 2011-2012 Season Archive >
Follow us on Twitter (@NYRBlueBulletin and @kevinbaumer) and on Facebook.