The Bulletin Board keeps you abreast of the latest news
around the NHL Monday-Friday.
- Defenseman Chris Pronger returned to Philadelphia’s lineup
in a 2-1 overtime loss to Tampa Bay, but the real story from the game came in a
bizarre first period. The Lightning fell
back into Guy Boucher’s 1-3-1 defensive system and refused to forecheck, so the
Flyers refused to move the puck forward.
The referees blew
play dead twice in the first period after lengthy stalemates and informed
both coaches that the puck must be kept in motion. Tampa Bay rode the 1-3-1 to the Eastern
Conference Finals last year, so the Lightning won’t be changing its system
anytime soon. However, if stalling
becomes routing the NHL will step in and make some rule changes.
- Nashville sent Anaheim to its sixth-straight loss. The high-powered Ducks’ offense is inexplicably
ranked 30th in offense. Predators’
rookie Craig Smith picked up three points in the contest to take
over the freshman scoring lead from Ryan-Nugent Hopkins. Smith has seven goals and seven assists.
- Did anybody think Milan Michalek would be among
the league’s top goal-scorers this season?
- There’s a chance that Sidney Crosby will return to action
tomorrow night, but there’s no way he’ll play on Saturday in the second game of
a back-to-back. Could that scheduling delay
- San Jose defenseman Brent Burns is still very bitter that he
was traded by Minnesota this offseason and wants
the Wild to lose every game.
- Toronto goalie James Reimer is no stranger to concussions,
mother is worried about his latest head injury which has keep him out of the
Leafs’ last eight games.
- There are eight games on the schedule tonight, but
none will be nationally televised. I’ll
have my eye on Edmonton @ Boston and Vancouver @ Los Angeles.
Past editions of the Bulletin Board:
- 2011 First-Round Draft Picks Shine In Preseason Action >
- Jody Shelley Delivers First Controversial Hit of 2011 Season >
- Shanahan Impresses As New NHL Disciplinarian >
– Sidney Crosby Participates In “Controlled Scrimmage” >
– Montreal Signs Chris Campoli >
– Top 2011 Draft Picks Shine In Preseason Action >
– Sestito Suspended Four Games For Hit On Deveaux >
– Kings Lock Doughty Up With Huge Deal >
– Former Rangers’ Prospects Grachev And Horak Make NHL Clubs >
– Steve Valiquette Is The New Goalie Coach At Quinnipiac University >
– Waiving Of Avery Could Wreak Havoc On The Stars’ Salary Cap Situation >
– Hockey Is Back >
– Jagr Picks Up Point #1,600 In Flyers’ Season-Opening Victory >
– Early Goalie Controversy In Washington? >
Prospal Scores Again For Columbus >
– Pittsburgh Rolling Without Crosby And Malkin >
– Sidney Crosby Cleared For Contact >
– Aaron Asham Is The Talk Of The League >
– Mark Messier Will Run The New York City Marathon >
– Colorado Wins Fifth-Straight Road Game, Leads Western Conference >
– New-look Flyers Off To Fast Start >
- Kessel Carrying The Leafs >
- Dale Weise Scores First NHL Goal >
– Vancouver Acquires David Booth >
- Jagr Scores First Two Goals Of The Season >
- Columbus Finally Wins >
– Montreal Fires Former Rangers’ Assistant Coach Perry Pearn >
– Philadelphia And Winnipeg Combine For 17 Goals!? >
- Edmonton And Ottawa Riding Surprising Hot Streaks >
– Chicago’s Stanley Cup Hangover Is In The Past >
- Ovechkin Benched >
– Brodeur Now Tied For Most Losses In NHL History >
- Predators Lock Up Pekka Rinne >
– Blues Fire Payne, Bring In Hitchcock >
– Boston Is Back >
– Blues Cruise In Hitchcock’s Return >
11/10/11 – Bizarre Scene In Tampa Bay >
here for our full 2011-2012 Season Archive >
Follow us on Twitter (@NYRBlueBulletin and @kevinbaumer) and on Facebook.