- The Rangers are 9-1-0 with Jeff Woywitka in the lineup, 6-0-0
with Andre Deveaux in the lineup and 4-0-0 with Sean Avery in the lineup. The Blueshirts are also 6-1-3 with Mike Sauer in the lineup.
- The Rangers rank first in the NHL in goals against per
game. The Blueshirts rank 13th in goals
scored, 21st on the power play and sixth on the penalty kill.
- During its six-game winning streak New York has allowed just
nine goals. During the streak the
Blueshirts are just 4-28 on the power play.
- Henrik Lundqvist is 6-3-3 with a 2.14 GAA and a .933 save
percentage. Martin Biron is 3-0-0 with a
.95 GAA and a .963 save percentage.
- The G.A.S. line has eight goals and 14 assists since being
united six games ago. During that period
Marian Gaborik has four goals and three assists, Artem Anisimov has one goal
and six assists and Derek Stepan has three goals and five assists.
- The Rangers’ early season penalty issues seem to be behind
them. The team has been shorthanded just
15 times in its last six games.
- Avery has not taken a minor penalty in four games since
his recall. Avery has five penalty
minutes from a fighting major.
- The Blueshirts haven’t lost a game this season when they’ve
outshot their opponent. The Blueshirts
have averaged just 25.7 shots per game, 28th
in the league.
- Gaborik has put 69 shots on net, two
behind James Neal for the NHL lead.
- New York has scored only 12 second period goals, tied for
in the league.
- New York has allowed only seven first period goals, tied
for the fewest in the league.
- New York has scored three four-on-four goals this season, tied
for the most in the league.
- Michael Del Zotto has finally surrendered the team lead in
plus/minus. DZ is a plus-7, but Ryan McDonagh is plus-9 and Gaborik is plus-8. McDonagh
for seventh in the league. Steve
Eminger is a team-worst minus-5.
- Brandon Dubinsky has 47 penalty minutes, tied
for fourth-most in the NHL.
- Dan Girardi leads the Rangers with 38 blocked shots. He’s tied with Ryan Suter for most average
ice-time at 27:46. McDonagh is 11th in
the league at 25:15.
- Brian Boyle has one goal and four assists in his last 30
- The Rangers are 5-1-1 at Madison Square Garden.
- Which forwards does Coach John Tortorella trust most? Brad Richards is seventh
in the NHL in ice-time among forwards at 21:29 per game and Ryan Callahan is ninth at 21:06.
- Richards has five goals and seven assists and is on pace for
27 goals and 38 assists. Would you be
happy with those numbers?
here for our full 2011-2012 Season Archive >
Follow us on Twitter (@NYRBlueBulletin and @kevinbaumer) and on Facebook.