The Bulletin Board keeps you abreast of the latest news
around the NHL Monday-Friday.
- New Jersey defeated Buffalo 5-3 and snapped
goalie Jhonas Enroth’s 13-0-1 regulationunbeaten streak that extended back to
November 24, 2010. Enroth, Ryan Miller’s
given up more than three goals this season, but he was replaced by AHL
call-up Drew McIntyre midway through the third period. Slow starters Zach Parise and Ilya Kovalchuk both scored for the Devils, who are 9-7-1.
- Carey Price picked up his first shutout of the year as
Montreal blanked Carolina 4-0. Price
also picked up an assist, putting him one point behind Scott Gomez, who also
picked up a helper in the game. The guys
at Pro Hockey Talk wonder
if Montreal should banish Gomez to the AHL.
- Right now it’s hard to argue that Chicago is the best team
in the NHL and the Blackhawks continued rolling by beating their arch-nemesis,
the Vancouver Canucks, 5-1. Marian Hossa tallied three assists for Chicago.
- Anaheim has lost eight of its last nine games after falling
again last night, this time in a shootout to Los Angeles.
- New Jersey forward Dainius Zubrus became the 267th
player in NHL history to play 1000 games last night. During the game Zubrus was clobbered by Tyler Myers,
who could face suspension.
- Sidney Crosby won’t play tonight against Tampa Bay but he did
accompany the Penguins on their trip to Florida.
- St. Louis forward Chris Stewart was suspended
three games for boarding Detroit defenseman Niklas Kronwall on Tuesday.
- Toronto center Mikhail Grabovski is out at least
two weeks with an undisclosed injury.
- Philadelphia defenseman Erik Gustafsson will be out six
undergoing wrist surgery today.
- Ottawa forward Nikita Filatov has been unable to stick in
the NHL again with his new team so he’s considering
a return to Russia.
- Columbus Coach Scott Arniel will be behind the bench for his
game tonight against the surging Bruins.
Arniel has a record of 37-48-14 including a 3-13-1 mark this year.
- The New York Islanders unveiled
their new third jersey yesterday and it’s pretty ugly.
- Hockey’s Future released the first installment of its prospect
organizational rankings. The Rangers
were not in the bottom 10.
- International Scouting Services released its top 30 players for the 2012
- The Hockey News counts down the 10
biggest free agent flops of the season so far.
- There are 11 games on the schedule
tonight, highlighted by Ilya Bryzgalov’s first game against his old club at
7:00 p.m. and Detroit @ San Jose at 10:30 p.m.
Past editions of the Bulletin Board:
- 2011 First-Round Draft Picks Shine In Preseason Action >
- Jody Shelley Delivers First Controversial Hit of 2011 Season >
- Shanahan Impresses As New NHL Disciplinarian >
– Sidney Crosby Participates In “Controlled Scrimmage” >
– Montreal Signs Chris Campoli >
– Top 2011 Draft Picks Shine In Preseason Action >
– Sestito Suspended Four Games For Hit On Deveaux >
– Kings Lock Doughty Up With Huge Deal >
– Former Rangers’ Prospects Grachev And Horak Make NHL Clubs >
– Steve Valiquette Is The New Goalie Coach At Quinnipiac University >
– Waiving Of Avery Could Wreak Havoc On The Stars’ Salary Cap Situation >
– Hockey Is Back >
– Jagr Picks Up Point #1,600 In Flyers’ Season-Opening Victory >
– Early Goalie Controversy In Washington? >
Prospal Scores Again For Columbus >
– Pittsburgh Rolling Without Crosby And Malkin >
– Sidney Crosby Cleared For Contact >
– Aaron Asham Is The Talk Of The League >
– Mark Messier Will Run The New York City Marathon >
– Colorado Wins Fifth-Straight Road Game, Leads Western Conference >
– New-look Flyers Off To Fast Start >
- Kessel Carrying The Leafs >
- Dale Weise Scores First NHL Goal >
– Vancouver Acquires David Booth >
- Jagr Scores First Two Goals Of The Season >
- Columbus Finally Wins >
– Montreal Fires Former Rangers’ Assistant Coach Perry Pearn >
– Philadelphia And Winnipeg Combine For 17 Goals!? >
- Edmonton And Ottawa Riding Surprising Hot Streaks >
– Chicago’s Stanley Cup Hangover Is In The Past >
- Ovechkin Benched >
– Brodeur Now Tied For Most Losses In NHL History >
- Predators Lock Up Pekka Rinne >
– Blues Fire Payne, Bring In Hitchcock >
– Boston Is Back >
– Blues Cruise In Hitchcock’s Return >
– Bizarre Scene In Tampa Bay >
– The Blue Jackets Are Awful >
– Milan Lucic Gives Ryan Miller A Concussion >
– Lucic Avoids Suspension For Hit On Miller >
– Malkin And Duchene Trade Beautiful Goals >
11/17/11 – Jhonas Enroth Finally Sputters >
here for our full 2011-2012 Season Archive >
Follow us on Twitter (@NYRBlueBulletin and @kevinbaumer) and on Facebook.