The Bulletin Board keeps you abreast of the latest news
around the NHL Monday-Friday.
- The New York Islanders placed
forward Blake Comeau on waivers yesterday.
Comeau is point-less in 16 games this year and is an awful minus-11, but
the 25-year-old is coming off a 24-goal season.
Comeau’s $2.5 million salary may scare some teams off, but the pending
RFA will likely be claimed today.
- Minnesota goalie Niklas Backstrom was suddenly unavailable for
Wednesday’s game against Nashville due to personal reasons, so the Wild signed 51-year-old Paul
Deutsch, who runs a screen printing and embroidery shop, on an emergency basis.
- Boston won its 10th consecutive game on Wednesday night by
beating the Sabres 4-3. The Bruins are
the first defending champions to do that since New Jersey won 13 straight games
the 2000-20001 campaign.
- Incidentally, Milan Lucic did
the honorable thing and agreed to drop the gloves with Paul Gaustad at the opening of the game.
- Nicklas Lidstrom will become Detroit’s all-time leader in
games played when he skates against Boston today. Lidstrom is currently tied with Steve Yzerman
- Vinny Prospal will become the sixth player from the Czech
play 1,000 games when he takes the ice for Columbus today against Buffalo.
- Edmonton defenseman Ryan Whitney is scheduled
to return to the team’s lineup today.
- Buffalo recalled top prospect Zack Kassian from
the AHL. He should bring some size
and grit, two qualities the Sabres sorely need.
Kassian will likely replace Brad Boyes, who sounds like he’ll be out for
a lengthy period with
a lower-body injury.
- Just signed Phoenix forward Kyle Turris will begin an AHL
conditioning stint starting
- There are games on all afternoon as the NHL
attempts to make Black Friday its newest annual holiday. Detroit @ Boston at 1:00 p.m. on NBC is the
game of the day.
Past editions of the Bulletin Board:
- 2011 First-Round Draft Picks Shine In Preseason Action >
- Jody Shelley Delivers First Controversial Hit of 2011 Season >
- Shanahan Impresses As New NHL Disciplinarian >
– Sidney Crosby Participates In “Controlled Scrimmage” >
– Montreal Signs Chris Campoli >
– Top 2011 Draft Picks Shine In Preseason Action >
– Sestito Suspended Four Games For Hit On Deveaux >
– Kings Lock Doughty Up With Huge Deal >
– Former Rangers’ Prospects Grachev And Horak Make NHL Clubs >
– Steve Valiquette Is The New Goalie Coach At Quinnipiac University >
– Waiving Of Avery Could Wreak Havoc On The Stars’ Salary Cap Situation >
– Hockey Is Back >
– Jagr Picks Up Point #1,600 In Flyers’ Season-Opening Victory >
– Early Goalie Controversy In Washington? >
Prospal Scores Again For Columbus >
– Pittsburgh Rolling Without Crosby And Malkin >
– Sidney Crosby Cleared For Contact >
– Aaron Asham Is The Talk Of The League >
– Mark Messier Will Run The New York City Marathon >
– Colorado Wins Fifth-Straight Road Game, Leads Western Conference >
– New-look Flyers Off To Fast Start >
- Kessel Carrying The Leafs >
- Dale Weise Scores First NHL Goal >
– Vancouver Acquires David Booth >
- Jagr Scores First Two Goals Of The Season >
- Columbus Finally Wins >
– Montreal Fires Former Rangers’ Assistant Coach Perry Pearn >
– Philadelphia And Winnipeg Combine For 17 Goals!? >
- Edmonton And Ottawa Riding Surprising Hot Streaks >
– Chicago’s Stanley Cup Hangover Is In The Past >
- Ovechkin Benched >
– Brodeur Now Tied For Most Losses In NHL History >
- Predators Lock Up Pekka Rinne >
– Blues Fire Payne, Bring In Hitchcock >
– Boston Is Back >
– Blues Cruise In Hitchcock’s Return >
– Bizarre Scene In Tampa Bay >
– The Blue Jackets Are Awful >
– Milan Lucic Gives Ryan Miller A Concussion >
– Lucic Avoids Suspension For Hit On Miller >
– Malkin And Duchene Trade Beautiful Goals >
– Jhonas Enroth Finally Sputters >
– The Blues Are 4-0-1 Under Ken Hitchcock >
– Crosby Returns >
– The Sidney Crosby Show >
– Will Buffalo Seek Revenge On Milan Lucic? >
11/25/11 – Blake Comeau On Waivers >
here for our full 2011-2012 Season Archive >
Follow us on Twitter (@NYRBlueBulletin and @kevinbaumer) and on Facebook.