- The Rangers have the fewest regulation losses (5) of any
team in the NHL.
- Despite playing three games in four days around
Thanksgiving, the Rangers have still played at least two fewer games than every
team in the Eastern Conference except the last place New York Islanders.
- New York is tied for the best point percentage (points
earned out the total possible) with
- The Rangers are 10-1 when scoring first this season.
- The Blueshirts are 6-1-1 at Madison Square Garden, which is
the team’s best
home start since 1992-1993 when they went 7-1-1 to start the year. The team was a combined 38-34-10 on home ice
across the last two seasons. New York is
currently 6-4-3 on the road.
- New York ranks first in the NHL in goals against per
game. The Blueshirts rank 14th in goals
scored, 10th on the penalty kill and 24th on the power play.
- Four teams have a better goal differential than New York’s
+13. The Bruins are a league-best +28.
- New York hasn’t been beaten when outshooting an opponent
this season, but the Rangers have averaged a league-worst 25.8
shots per game.
- Ryan McDonagh leads the Rangers with a plus-12 rating, which
is tied for the fifth-best mark in the NHL.
The only players currently on the roster with minus-ratings are Brandon
Prust and Steve Eminger, who are minus-2 and minus-3, respectively.
- Dan Girardi leads the Rangers with five power play helpers.
- Girardi is 10th in the NHL with
52 blocked shots.
- Girardi leads all players in average ice-time by nearly a
full minute, at
27:50 per game.
- Brad Richards has scored eight goals and is on pace for
33, which would be a career high.
- Marian Gaborik has put 84 shots on goal, which is
tied for seventh in the NHL.
- New York has 327 penalty minutes this season, fifth-most
in the league. Both Brandon Dubinsky and Brandon Prust rank
among the top 10 in penalty minutes this season.
- New York has allowed just 10 first period goals this year, second-fewest
in the NHL
- Brandon Dubinsky has just one goal in 20 games this
- Artem Anisimov leads the Rangers with 10 assists.
- Henrik Lundqvist ranks fourth in the NHL with
a .935 save percentage. Lundqvist is
also eighth in the NHL with a 2.05 goals against average.
- The Rangers have allowed just 15 goals on home ice this
season, the fewest
in the league.
- The Rangers haven’t played a shootout since November 3rd and
haven’t had a game decided in overtime since October 20th.
- New York is 7-2-0 with Sean Avery in the lineup and 12-2-0 with Jeff Woywitka in the lineup.
- The Rangers are 9-2-0 in their last 11 games.
here for our full 2011-2012 Season Archive >
Follow us on Twitter (@NYRBlueBulletin and @kevinbaumer) and on Facebook.