The Bulletin Board keeps you abreast of the latest news
around the NHL Monday-Friday.
- Pittsburgh sent Dale Hunter to his second straight loss
since taking over as Washington’s coach as the Penguins beat the Capitals
2-1. Jason Chimera scored his 10th goal
of the season to lead the Capitals. Evgeni Malkin and Sidney Crosby combined
for 18 attempted shots, Alex Ovechkin had just one. Pittsburgh defenseman Simon Despres picked up
an assist in his first NHL game.
- Nashville bested Vancouver 6-5 as the line of Craig Smith,
David Legwand and Colin Wilson combined for eight points. Both starting goalies - Cory Schneider and
Pekka Rinne – were pulled in the contest.
- Waiver pickup Blake Comeau posted a goal and an assist in
his third game with the Calgary Flames, who fell to Columbus in a shootout
4-3. Rick Nash scored the game-tying
goal and eventual shootout winner. The
Blue Jackets have steadily improved and have won four of their last seven.
- Ondrej Pavelec shutout the Phoenix Coyotes as Winnipeg beat
the team that deserted it in the 1990s 1-0.
- Jonathan Quick, who has the inside track for the Vezina
Trophy, stopped 41 shots as Los Angeles topped Florida 2-1.
- Joe Pavelski’s shootout goal propelled San Jose by Montreal
- Dallas improved to 15-9-1 as the Stars topped Ottawa 3-2.
- One more Bruce Boudreau note: He is the seventh man to coach
two teams in one season and the six-day span he spent between jobs is the shortest in
- Nick Kypreos reports that Anaheim GM Bob Murray has assured
Bobby Ryan that he will not be traded.
The hiring of Boudreau has quashed a busy week of rumors.
- Agent Allan Wash went
after the Columbus Blue Jackets for their treatment of his client, Derick
Brassard. “While I have tremendous
respect for (general manager) Scott Howson and the rest of Columbus’ management
team, the situation regarding Derick Brassard has become untenable,” said
Walsh. “The coach has a history of burying players and using them as scapegoats
to mask his own lack of success on the ice. Derick has been singled out, almost
from the very beginning of the season, to be the fall guy in case things don’t
go well. The Columbus organization cares about Derick and has been good to him,
but at some point, one has to say, enough is enough.” Columbus GM Scott Howson responded,
"Scott has my full support with respect to his decisions on who plays and
the handling of our hockey team. We all want Derick to play better and be the
player we know he can be the only person who will impact Derick's playing time
is Derick himself."
- Forward Mason Raymond was scheduled to return
to Vancouver’s lineup last night after missing since Game Six of the
Stanley Cup Finals, but a
paperwork error kept him off the ice.
- Philadelphia defenseman Chris Pronger discussed
the mysterious virus that has kept him out of the Flyers’ lineup.
- Funny tweet from
Edmonton sophomore Taylor Hall who is out with a shoulder injury: “Just
went on the ice... Felt good. Hope to be back soon so everyone can stop telling
me I'm messing up their hockey pool”.
- Buffalo goalie Ryan Miller is nearly
ready to return.
- Kyle Turris returned
to Phoenix’s lineup after finally ending his contract holdout on November
- 14-year veteran Mike Grier has
- There are six games on the schedule
tonight. Detroit at Buffalo will be
on the NHL Network at 7:30 p.m.
Past editions of the Bulletin Board:
- 2011 First-Round Draft Picks Shine In Preseason Action >
- Jody Shelley Delivers First Controversial Hit of 2011 Season >
- Shanahan Impresses As New NHL Disciplinarian >
– Sidney Crosby Participates In “Controlled Scrimmage” >
– Montreal Signs Chris Campoli >
– Top 2011 Draft Picks Shine In Preseason Action >
– Sestito Suspended Four Games For Hit On Deveaux >
– Kings Lock Doughty Up With Huge Deal >
– Former Rangers’ Prospects Grachev And Horak Make NHL Clubs >
– Steve Valiquette Is The New Goalie Coach At Quinnipiac University >
– Waiving Of Avery Could Wreak Havoc On The Stars’ Salary Cap Situation >
– Hockey Is Back >
– Jagr Picks Up Point #1,600 In Flyers’ Season-Opening Victory >
– Early Goalie Controversy In Washington? >
Prospal Scores Again For Columbus >
– Pittsburgh Rolling Without Crosby And Malkin >
– Sidney Crosby Cleared For Contact >
– Aaron Asham Is The Talk Of The League >
– Mark Messier Will Run The New York City Marathon >
– Colorado Wins Fifth-Straight Road Game, Leads Western Conference >
– New-look Flyers Off To Fast Start >
- Kessel Carrying The Leafs >
- Dale Weise Scores First NHL Goal >
– Vancouver Acquires David Booth >
- Jagr Scores First Two Goals Of The Season >
- Columbus Finally Wins >
– Montreal Fires Former Rangers’ Assistant Coach Perry Pearn >
– Philadelphia And Winnipeg Combine For 17 Goals!? >
- Edmonton And Ottawa Riding Surprising Hot Streaks >
– Chicago’s Stanley Cup Hangover Is In The Past >
- Ovechkin Benched >
– Brodeur Now Tied For Most Losses In NHL History >
- Predators Lock Up Pekka Rinne >
– Blues Fire Payne, Bring In Hitchcock >
– Boston Is Back >
– Blues Cruise In Hitchcock’s Return >
– Bizarre Scene In Tampa Bay >
– The Blue Jackets Are Awful >
– Milan Lucic Gives Ryan Miller A Concussion >
– Lucic Avoids Suspension For Hit On Miller >
– Malkin And Duchene Trade Beautiful Goals >
– Jhonas Enroth Finally Sputters >
– The Blues Are 4-0-1 Under Ken Hitchcock >
– Crosby Returns >
– The Sidney Crosby Show >
– Will Buffalo Seek Revenge On Milan Lucic? >
– Blake Comeau On Waivers >
– Washington Fires Boudreau, Carolina Axes Maurice >
– Vancouver’s Tough Decision In Goal >
– Hitchcock Rights The Ship In St. Louis >
– Ducks Fire Carlyle, Replace Him With Boudreau >
12/2/11 – Pittsburgh Tops
here for our full 2011-2012 Season Archive >
Follow us on Twitter (@NYRBlueBulletin and @kevinbaumer) and on Facebook.