- Since starting the season 3-3-3 the Rangers have gone
12-2-0. New York has lost just twice in
regulation since October 27th.
- The Rangers have the fewest regulation losses (5) of
any team in the NHL.
- New York has the best point percentage (.717) of any team in
- New York has 2,499 wins as a franchise.
- The Rangers have outscored their opponents 25-10 during
their current seven-game home winning streak.
- Three teams have a better goal differential than New York’s
+18. The Bruins are a league-best +34.
Carolina is a league-worst -28.
- The Rangers have played fewer games than every team in the
league and have four games in hand on the Atlantic Division leading Pittsburgh
Penguins, who have 36 points to New York’s 33.
- New York hasn’t been beaten when outshooting an opponent
- The Rangers are 7-0-0 when
Brandon Prust has fought in the first two minutes of a game since the right
wing joined the team.
- The Rangers are 5-0-0 since recalling Carl Hagelin and John
Mitchell. New York is 10-2-0 with Sean
Avery in the lineup and 15-2-0 with Jeff Woywitka in the lineup.
- The Blueshirts are 7-1-1 at Madison Square Garden, which is
the team’s best
home start since 1992-1993 when they also went 7-1-1 to start the year.
The team was a combined 38-34-10 on home ice across the last two seasons.
New York is currently 8-4-2 on the road.
- The Rangers are 10-1 when scoring first this season.
- The Rangers rank third in the NHL in goals against per game,
ninth in goals for, 20th on the power play and eighth on the penalty kill.
- Hagelin was the first Rangers’ rookie to record points
in each of his first four games since Steven King in 1992-1993.
- Marian Gaborik has 10 penalty minutes this season, the same
number as Matt Cooke.
- Dan Girardi is 10th in the NHL with
65 blocked shots.
- Girardi leads all players in average ice-time by nearly
a full minute, at 27:43 per
- Marian Gaborik has put 95 shots on goal, which is
tied for seventh in the NHL.
- New York has 355 penalty minutes this season, fifth-most
in the league.
- Henrik Lundqvist ranks fourth in the NHL with
a .932 save percentage. Lundqvist is eighth in the NHL with
a 2.10 goals against average.
- The Rangers have allowed just 18 goals on home ice this
season, the fewest
in the league.
- The Rangers haven’t played a shootout since November 3rd and
haven’t had a game decided in overtime since October 20th.
- Brad Richards has four goals and five assists in his last
five games. He’s on pace for 36 goals
and 43 assists his season. He has three
game-winning goals this year.
- Ryan McDonagh leads the Rangers with a plus-12 rating. The only players currently on the roster with
minus ratings are Brandon Prust and Steve Eminger, who are both
- Ryan Callahan leads the Rangers with four power play
goals. He now has 23 goals on the man
advantage in his last three seasons.
- Richards and Michael Del Zotto each have six power play assists
to lead the team.
- Brandon Dubinsky has just one goal in 23 games.
- Ruslan Fedotenko has three goals in his last five games
after scoring just once in his first 18.
- Callahan has 72 hits this season, tied for 12th in the
- New York ranks eighth
in the NHL in faceoff win percentage at 51.3%.
- New York has allowed just 14 first period goals this
in the NHL. But the Rangers have
also scored just 13 first period goals this year, second-fewest
in the NHL.
- A study published by The
Hockey News in early November revealed that the Rangers were the only NHL
team to have more players without visors than with the added facial
here for our full 2011-2012 Season Archive >
Follow us on Twitter (@NYRBlueBulletin and @kevinbaumer) and on Facebook.