The Bulletin Board keeps you abreast of the latest news
around the NHL Monday-Friday.
- Rookie goalie Matt Hackett made 42 saves in his first career
start as Minnesota topped the sliding Kings 4-2. It was the Wild’s sixth
straight road victory. Mikko Koivu has points
in 10 of his last 11 games (five goals, nine assists).
- Philadelphia forward Scott Hartnell scored
for the fourth straight game to push Philadelphia past the Sidney
Crosby-less Penguins 3-2. The victory
catapulted the Flyers into first place in the Eastern Conference. Hartnell has goals in
seven of his last nine games.
- Ottawa’s Jesse Winchester scored a game-tying goal with 3.5
seconds left in regulation but the Senators still fell to New Jersey in a shootout
5-4. The Devils are 6-1 in the
skills competition this season. Ottawa
forward Milan Michalek scored his 18th goal of the season, which leads the
league. Michalek had 18
goals in 66 games a year ago.
- Patrick Sharp scored twice including an overtime game-winner
to boost Chicago past the Islanders 3-2.
Chicago forward Marian Hossa became the
85th player to score 400 goals in the contest. Hossa and Sharp each posted three points.
- Nashville scored twice in the final 1:36 of regulation
including a game-tying goal by Andrei Kostitsyn with 12.6 seconds left to force
overtime with Columbus. Colin Wilson sealed the comeback with a game-winner 1:45 into OT.
- Jose Theodore recorded a 40-save shutout to help Florida
send Boston to its second consecutive loss.
- Vancouver rallied from a three-goal deficit to top Montreal
in a shootout 4-3.
- Detroit scored five goals in the first period to rout
- Tampa Bay forward Martin St. Louis missed last night’s game
after being hit with a puck in the morning skate. He would have played in
his 500th consecutive game. St. Louis suffered facial and nasal fractures
and is out “a few
- New Jersey defenseman Andy Greene is out
four weeks with a non-displaced toe fracture.
- Colorado’s Kevin Porter was suspended
four games for kneeing David Booth earlier this week.
- Edmonton’s Andy Sutton was suspended indefinitely for
his hit on Alexei Ponikarovsky on Wednesday.
- Buffalo forward Ville Leino was suspended
one game for elbowing Matt Read.
- Boston signed 2011 first-round pick Dougie Hamilton to
an entry-level contract.
- Tampa Bay has elected to allow rookie Brett Connolly to join
Canada’s World Junior team. Anaheim
did the same with
- There are four games on the schedule
Past editions of the Bulletin Board:
- 2011 First-Round Draft Picks Shine In Preseason Action >
- Jody Shelley Delivers First Controversial Hit of 2011 Season >
- Shanahan Impresses As New NHL Disciplinarian >
– Sidney Crosby Participates In “Controlled Scrimmage” >
– Montreal Signs Chris Campoli >
– Top 2011 Draft Picks Shine In Preseason Action >
– Sestito Suspended Four Games For Hit On Deveaux >
– Kings Lock Doughty Up With Huge Deal >
– Former Rangers’ Prospects Grachev And Horak Make NHL Clubs >
– Steve Valiquette Is The New Goalie Coach At Quinnipiac University >
– Waiving Of Avery Could Wreak Havoc On The Stars’ Salary Cap Situation >
– Hockey Is Back >
– Jagr Picks Up Point #1,600 In Flyers’ Season-Opening Victory >
– Early Goalie Controversy In Washington? >
Prospal Scores Again For Columbus >
– Pittsburgh Rolling Without Crosby And Malkin >
– Sidney Crosby Cleared For Contact >
– Aaron Asham Is The Talk Of The League >
– Mark Messier Will Run The New York City Marathon >
– Colorado Wins Fifth-Straight Road Game, Leads Western Conference >
– New-look Flyers Off To Fast Start >
- Kessel Carrying The Leafs >
- Dale Weise Scores First NHL Goal >
– Vancouver Acquires David Booth >
- Jagr Scores First Two Goals Of The Season >
- Columbus Finally Wins >
– Montreal Fires Former Rangers’ Assistant Coach Perry Pearn >
– Philadelphia And Winnipeg Combine For 17 Goals!? >
- Edmonton And Ottawa Riding Surprising Hot Streaks >
– Chicago’s Stanley Cup Hangover Is In The Past >
- Ovechkin Benched >
– Brodeur Now Tied For Most Losses In NHL History >
- Predators Lock Up Pekka Rinne >
– Blues Fire Payne, Bring In Hitchcock >
– Boston Is Back >
– Blues Cruise In Hitchcock’s Return >
– Bizarre Scene In Tampa Bay >
– The Blue Jackets Are Awful >
– Milan Lucic Gives Ryan Miller A Concussion >
– Lucic Avoids Suspension For Hit On Miller >
– Malkin And Duchene Trade Beautiful Goals >
– Jhonas Enroth Finally Sputters >
– The Blues Are 4-0-1 Under Ken Hitchcock >
– Crosby Returns >
– The Sidney Crosby Show >
– Will Buffalo Seek Revenge On Milan Lucic? >
– Blake Comeau On Waivers >
– Washington Fires Boudreau, Carolina Axes Maurice >
– Vancouver’s Tough Decision In Goal >
– Hitchcock Rights The Ship In St. Louis >
– Ducks Fire Carlyle, Replace Him With Boudreau >
– Pittsburgh Tops Washington >
– Minnesota Is The Best Team In The League!? >
– Four-Conference Realignment Plan Passes >
– Bruins Finally Lose In Regulation >
– Claude Giroux Is The New NHL Points Leader >
12/9/11 – Third-String Goalie Doesn’t Prevent Wild From
Picking Up Sixth Straight Road Win >
here for our full 2011-2012 Season Archive >
Follow us on Twitter (@NYRBlueBulletin and @kevinbaumer) and on Facebook.