The Bulletin Board keeps you abreast of the latest news
around the NHL Monday-Friday.
- In case you’re somehow unaware, the debut episode of “24/7 Flyers/Rangers:
Road to the Winter Classic” will be broadcast on HBO tonight at 10:00 p.m.
EST. Last year’s mini-series featuring
the Penguins and Capitals made for dynamite television and the show should be
even more entertaining this year with behind the scenes looks at the
Blueshirts. Coach John Tortorella
considers the cameras an “invasion of privacy” and a “pain in the a#$,” but
that’s good news for fans. Expect Artem
Anisimov’s goal celebration and Sean Avery’s recall to be hot topics in tonight’s
episode. We’ll also probably get a look
at the injuries sustained by Claude Giroux and Chris Pronger. If you’re so inclined, Puck Daddy has crafted
a drinking game for the show.
- Tuukka Rask made 41 saves to blank Los Angeles in John
Stevens’ first game behind the bench.
This was not what the Kings were hoping for when they fired Terry
Murray, but Boston isn’t an ideal first opponent for a new coach.
- New Jersey picked up its seventh shootout victory of the
season, slipping by Florida 3-2. The
Devils are 7-1 in the skills competition and superstars Ilya Kovalchuk and Zach
Parise are a
combined 11-of-14 in the shootout this year.
- Scott Hartnell scored
for the sixth straight game as Philadelphia picked up its fifth straight
victory, beating Washington 5-1. The
Tomas Vokoun from the game despite playing without NHL scoring leader
Claude Giroux. The goal was the 200th of
- Winnipeg snapped Minnesota’s seven-game winning streak with
a 2-1 victory. The Wild’s seven-game
road winning streak was also broken.
- Milan Michalek scored his league-leading 19th goal of the
season as Ottawa topped Buffalo in overtime 3-2. Rookie defenseman Jared Cowen scored the
game-winner. Unfortunately, Michalek suffered
an upper-body injury that may be a concussion later in the game.
- Tim Connolly scored both goals for Toronto, which beat
Carolina in overtime 2-1.
- The Sidney Crosby-less Penguins were no match for Detroit as
the Red Wings toppled Pittsburgh 4-1.
- Of the 12 NHL games last night, eight
were decided by one goal and five needed overtime or a shootout to determine a
- Philadelphia announced that NHL points leader Claude Giroux is out indefinitely with
a concussion sustained on Saturday.
- Tampa Bay signed Antti Miettinen yesterday, but Winnipeg claimed
him off waivers.
- Chicago’s Dave Bolland is no fan of the Sedin twins and referred
to them as “sisters” in an interview.
- There are three games on the schedule
tonight. Chicago @ Minnesota will be
on Versus at 7:30 p.m.
Past editions of the Bulletin Board:
- 2011 First-Round Draft Picks Shine In Preseason Action >
- Jody Shelley Delivers First Controversial Hit of 2011 Season >
- Shanahan Impresses As New NHL Disciplinarian >
– Sidney Crosby Participates In “Controlled Scrimmage” >
– Montreal Signs Chris Campoli >
– Top 2011 Draft Picks Shine In Preseason Action >
– Sestito Suspended Four Games For Hit On Deveaux >
– Kings Lock Doughty Up With Huge Deal >
– Former Rangers’ Prospects Grachev And Horak Make NHL Clubs >
– Steve Valiquette Is The New Goalie Coach At Quinnipiac University >
– Waiving Of Avery Could Wreak Havoc On The Stars’ Salary Cap Situation >
– Hockey Is Back >
– Jagr Picks Up Point #1,600 In Flyers’ Season-Opening Victory >
– Early Goalie Controversy In Washington? >
Prospal Scores Again For Columbus >
– Pittsburgh Rolling Without Crosby And Malkin >
– Sidney Crosby Cleared For Contact >
– Aaron Asham Is The Talk Of The League >
– Mark Messier Will Run The New York City Marathon >
– Colorado Wins Fifth-Straight Road Game, Leads Western Conference >
– New-look Flyers Off To Fast Start >
- Kessel Carrying The Leafs >
- Dale Weise Scores First NHL Goal >
– Vancouver Acquires David Booth >
- Jagr Scores First Two Goals Of The Season >
- Columbus Finally Wins >
– Montreal Fires Former Rangers’ Assistant Coach Perry Pearn >
– Philadelphia And Winnipeg Combine For 17 Goals!? >
- Edmonton And Ottawa Riding Surprising Hot Streaks >
– Chicago’s Stanley Cup Hangover Is In The Past >
- Ovechkin Benched >
– Brodeur Now Tied For Most Losses In NHL History >
- Predators Lock Up Pekka Rinne >
– Blues Fire Payne, Bring In Hitchcock >
– Boston Is Back >
– Blues Cruise In Hitchcock’s Return >
– Bizarre Scene In Tampa Bay >
– The Blue Jackets Are Awful >
– Milan Lucic Gives Ryan Miller A Concussion >
– Lucic Avoids Suspension For Hit On Miller >
– Malkin And Duchene Trade Beautiful Goals >
– Jhonas Enroth Finally Sputters >
– The Blues Are 4-0-1 Under Ken Hitchcock >
– Crosby Returns >
– The Sidney Crosby Show >
– Will Buffalo Seek Revenge On Milan Lucic? >
– Blake Comeau On Waivers >
– Washington Fires Boudreau, Carolina Axes Maurice >
– Vancouver’s Tough Decision In Goal >
– Hitchcock Rights The Ship In St. Louis >
– Ducks Fire Carlyle, Replace Him With Boudreau >
– Pittsburgh Tops Washington >
– Minnesota Is The Best Team In The League!? >
– Four-Conference Realignment Plan Passes >
– Bruins Finally Lose In Regulation >
– Claude Giroux Is The New NHL Points Leader >
– Third-String Goalie Doesn’t Prevent Wild From Picking Up Sixth Straight Road
– Kings On The Verge Of Firing Terry Murray? >
– Kings Fire Terry Murray >
12/14/11 – “24/7” Debuts
here for our full 2011-2012 Season Archive >
Follow us on Twitter (@NYRBlueBulletin and @kevinbaumer) and on Facebook.