Rangers Take on Familiar Faces at MSG & Prospect Notes
First, some quick hits from Prospect Editor Jess Rubenstein:
- Daniel Walcott (5th Round, 2014) saw his season with the BLB Armada end this weekend as Armada was upset by the Gatineau Olympiques 4-1 and eliminated in six games. Expect Walcott to sign his ATO and join the Hartford Wolf Pack for the playoff push.
- Prospect Adam Tambellini of the Calgary Hitmen (No. 65, 2013) continues to push his WHL team as they take on the Kootenay Ice to an elimination Game 7 tonight. Should Calgary fall, Tambellini will also likely join Hartford.
- The Wolf Pack took home two critical points against the Manchester Monarchs in a 3-2 shootout victory. The Pack came back in the third with two goals by center Oscar Lindberg and sealed the deal with a Danny Kristo shootout goal.
- Defenseman Brady Skjei (No. 28, 2012) joined Hartford this week and is a favorite to join the Rangers at some point next season.
As for the NHL quick hits for today, in anticipation of tonight’s New York Rangers vs. Columbus Blue Jackets matchup at MSG:
- The Rangers are approaching two potential milestones: most wins in a season (52 in 1993-94) and most points in a season (112 in 1993 – 94). With four games remaining, the Rangers (50-21-7-107) can finish with as many as 54 wins and 114 points.
- Columbus is one of (if not the) hottest teams in the NHL. The Blue Jackets are winners of nine straight games coming into tonight’s contest. The team, beleagured by injuries all season, are finally healthy and giving fans a lot to feel good about for next season.
- According to multiple reports, defenseman Kevin Klein is skating on his own and may rejoin the team for one of their last two games, Thursday against the Ottawa Senators or Saturday against the Washington Capitals.
- Goaltender Henrik Lundqvist is expected to start tonight, then backup (1A more like it) Cam Talbot to mind the net tomorrow in Newark against the New Jersey Devils. It is then expected that Lundqvist plays the two final games on Thursday and Saturday.
Stay with us throughout the game on Twitter @NYRBlueBulletin